ORGANISE AN EVENT
How to set up a JustGiving Fundraising Page in aid of SarcoidosisUK – it’s easy!
For your online fundraising page, we recommend using Just Giving. It’s quick and easy. Just click the button below (opens page in new window) and follow the steps below to create your page:
- EITHER – Register an account. (It’s easy. You can use your Facebook account to create an account if you like.) / OR – Log into your existing account.
- JustGiving will ask you whether you’re taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory or doing your own thing. Select the best option for you.
- If you can’t see your event listed (e.g. London Marathon), select [Add your own] at the bottom of the page and write a bit more about your activity.
- Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- Tick [Yes] if you’re running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your Page won’t be eligible for Gift Aid. (You can find out more about Gift Aid under Money Matters, below).
- Click [Create your page].
Ben and I like to think we’re strong willed, tough and determined, but I’m nothing on how strong willed and tough my mum is. She’s fought through a lot in her life, her battle with Sarcoidosis being her most recent fight.
It was an honour to raise money for a charity that is able to help someone like my mum. Walking up 19,000ft is nothing in comparison to the daily climb someone who suffers with Sarcoidosis is up against. SarcoidosisUK Fundraiser Matt
Your Fundraising Page is now set up and ready to accept donations. JustGiving send the money that you raise to SarcoidosisUK on a weekly basis. Now you can start on the fun stuff – personalising your page and sharing it friends and family.
- Add pictures to your page. Fundraisers who do this raise 14% more per photo.
- Tell your story. People will give more if they know why you care about SarcoidosisUK.
- Pages with a fundraising target raise 46% more. So be brave and tell them your target.
- Update your friends with photos of you training or fundraising. Add them onto your page and re-share on social media – your friends will be impressed and will be more inclined to donate!