If you are concerned about travelling with sarcoidosis, consult your GP or consultant before booking. You should also first check health insurance policies to ensure you can be covered.

European Health Insurance Card

Anyone travelling in countries of the European Economic Area or Switzerland should – in good time before travelling – obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This can give you access to the national health services of some other countries, often under particular conditions – so check first. Remember to order your card through the NHS website rather than unofficial websites who will unnecessarily take money.

NHS guidance on the EHIC.

Health Insurance for People with Pre-Existing Medical Conditions

The EHIC is no substitute for private health insurance. The following companies are reported to offer travel insurance to people with pre-existing medical conditions. SarcoidosisUK has not been in contact with any of these companies. The list is provided for information only and does not constitute a recommendation.

Which? mentions a number of companies in their guide here.

Compare travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions: Medical Travel Compared or

Further Travel Advice

You can find general information and advice about travelling abroad with a health condition here:

Related content from SarcoidosisUK:

Sarcoidosis and Fatigue

Do you experience fatigue? Find symptoms, treatment and more information about sarcoidosis and fatigue.

Consultant Directory

Do you want to find a consultant? Use our directory to find a sarcoidosis specialist or clinic near you.

SarcoidosisUK Support

How can we support you? Find more information on our Nurse Helpline, Support Groups and Online Support.

Share This