SarcoidosisUK is one of the worlds leading investors in research into sarcoidosis. We are committed to finding a cure.
Sarcoidosis is a rare disease and does not receive sufficient attention from pharmaceutical companies or medical researchers.
SarcoidosisUK may be small but we are a leading investor in sarcoidosis research. We have now raised sufficient money to fund a new research project for each of the next three years. With your support, SarcoidosisUK will continue fighting sarcoidosis. To ensure greater efficiency, we conduct our research in partnership with the British Lung Foundation.
SarcoidosisUK aims to fund at least one major sarcoidosis research project each year. We will continue to do this again and again until we have found a cure. We receive no government funding – this research would not be possible without your generous donations.
Read more about our current research projects:
SarcoidosisUK Research – How it Works
SarcoidosisUK – BLF Sarcoidosis Research Grant Announced – December (of the previous year):
- Grant advertised through the SarcoidosisUK mailing list, British Lung Foundation (BLF) research mailing list, British Thoracic Society newsletter and to known UK sarcoidosis researchers.
- Application forms available through SarcUK and BLF websites.
Preliminary Submission Deadline – January:
- Deadline for preliminary applications from interested candidates.
- All applications submitted to the BLF Head of Research.
Application Scoring – February-May:
- Applications evaluated by BLF Research Committee (12 respiratory scientists, 2 lay members and 2 representatives of SarcoidosisUK).
- Each application scored to create a shortlist.
- Shortlisted applicants invited to submit full application.
- Full application sent for external per review by international experts in a relevant field.
Scientific Committee Meeting – July:
- SarcoidosisUK and the BLF Research Committee meets to discuss full applications and to make funding recommendations.
Award – August – September:
- Winning applicant decided by SarcoidosisUK and BLF based on Scientific Committee meeting recommendations.
- Decision ratified by SarcoidosisUK Board of Trustees and the BLF Board of Trustees.
- Successful candidate informed.
ARE YOU A RESEARCHER?
SarcoidosisUK and the British Lung Foundation are inviting full applications for a grant to support sarcoidosis research.
The grant is available to medically qualified applicants, post-doctoral scientists or allied health professionals for clinical, laboratory and/or epidemiological research into sarcoidosis.
Grants are for a specified period of up to three years to a maximum of £120,000.
Applications may seek costs for personnel, equipment and consumables etc. where appropriate. The grant-holding institution must be based in the United Kingdom.
Related content from SarcoidosisUK:
Sarcoidosis and Fatigue
Do you experience fatigue? Find symptoms, treatment and more information about sarcoidosis and fatigue.
Do you want to find a consultant? Use our directory to find a sarcoidosis specialist or clinic near you.
How can we support you? Find more information on our Nurse Helpline, Support Groups and Online Support.